Well I was prepared for good news. I had figured out in my head that while the coming year of injections would be hard, I would have the good news, hope and dreams to sustain me.
I was prepared for bad news. If the testosterone had dropped, well then time to move on, we find a donor and get going. DH was even talking about getting me knocked up this cycle if that happened.
I was even prepared for indifferent news. Say a small increase or even the same and the requirement to go through another 2-4 weeks of injections before being back here again.
What I wasn’t prepared for was the F#cking FS to move the goal posts. He started the appointment asking how we were doing and DH said ‘nervous’. FS says “why, these results won’t necessarily tell us much, this is a long process, we are in for the long haul”
Now I remember distinctly that this was the quick answers route we were taking. If we had testosterone (T) improvement then there was hope and it would be worth doing injections for a year or more if needs be. If we had no T improvement, no hope, injections never going to work and move on. The Pituitary Foundation in the UK had advised that we should see T response very quickly, one doctor even suggested within 2 weeks. So we figured a month would be enough with MAYBE another month needed. Now the FS says no at least another 3 months before giving up.
So before he even gave us the results I was pissed at him. Seriously pissed!
So the T results are in and there has been a drop in his T levels 😦
But the FS has said it is possible that this is still a dropping off from his last T injection and we must give it another 3 months. So we left the FS offices with another month’s supply of injections and will do another T test in another 4 weeks.
When I get upset my defense mechanism makes me angry. So I was fuming at the FS and even shouted at him a little. In my shouting I said and you haven’t even figured out why my cycles have gone doo-lally. So I also left the clinic with a blood test form. A whole host of blood tests on day 3 and then three weeks of waiting for the results, then back to the FS. By that stage we will have DHs next T test results.
Not any of the outcomes I had expected and now I’m left with a massive headache from being so pissed off!!!