Sjoe! So much better today. I think work is probably really good for me, keeps me distracted and focused on something other than making babies.
Actually I have been trying very hard to find plenty of other distractions the last few weeks and mostly it seems to work. I’ve decided to take up some hobbies, you can see some of my previous handiwork here. Now I’m on to grander ideas, just not sure I have enough hours in my day or days in my week.
The good news I heard last week is that my 3day a week contract has been extended to 4 days a week until the end of the year, which from a financial perspective is brilliant, but obviously that means less time for the hobbies.
Here’s a crazy list of what I’ve sort of committed myself to complete in the next few weeks:
- Make a table cloth for our dinning room, I want to make it with a different border around the edges and then make a stencil of gemsbok to put on the corners. I also want to make matching, stencilled napkins.
- Hopelessly wants to make some blinds for our patio, when summer arrives the sun streams onto the patio, making it too hot to sit there in the late afternoon, so he’s bought some shade cloth and needs me to sew it into blinds.
- I’m going on a card making course in a little over two weeks time. A friend of mine is running it and it sounds like a great way to try something completely different – nice to get out the comfort zone every now and then. I’ve already decided I want one card to be for my BFF in the UK, but can’t decide on what the others should be???
- I have a project to make a whole batch of little somethings, which I can’t tell you about just yet, but I’ll definitely take pictures once they are done.
- I grow herbs and now some tomatoes and it’s reaching that time of the year when the garden needs lots of TLC to keep it from running wild.
- Oh and I haven’t been to Yoga in like a month, since the car accident and it’s about time I went back.
- And I want to put together a little package to send off to my darling god-daughter.
- I have to watch ‘Twilight’ the movie within the next couple of weeks, cause when New Moon comes out I’m hoping to go see it with some of our book club ladies.
- And I am so far behind on my TV viewing I must have 4 episodes of Brother and Sisters to watch and at least 3 episodes of Army Wives and 2 episodes of Private Practice.
- Oh and did I mention ICLW???
So you can see plenty to keep me distracted. I can hear Hopelessly saying, “You always get carried away and put yourself under too much pressure and then wonder why you get stressed out”.
He’s right, but I need to keep busy.