Well it seems I can keep myself on the straight and narrow no problem Monday to Friday. So long as I have work to concentrate on, there are no tears and none of the crazy noise that happens in my head. Then the weekend arrives…
It’s like I can relax, let my guard down and I fall to pieces. I guess it’s normal. But it doesn’t make for great time with Hopelessly when he is dealing with a crying, snivelling, miserable of and did I mention Hypochondriac wife! That was Saturday.
Actually it was a stunning day, we took advantage and headed out to the wine farms with the in-laws including SIL and tiny baby niece. My poor MIL stuck her foot in it before we even left making some comment about why do we have children and had me in tears! Shame, actually I have been a mess already and was really just looking to be triggered again. She was so apologetic, saying she just hadn’t thought, but I know she didn’t mean anything by it, it was just one of those days again. Anyway I love living in Cape Town, on a good day the sky is so blue it hurts your eyes and the mountains. Oh the mountains are just the best. And the wine… not half bad. We got slightly carried away but we are trying to fill the wine rack we have ordered. Slightly silly seeing as I hardly ever drink anymore, but it was fun.
Sunday I returned to my list of distractions, here’s an update of what I’ve achieved in a week:
- The first of the three blinds for our patio is up, still needs some thread tidying up, but it’s there only two more to go. Not a fun job, it had me swearing at the sewing machine, not good seeing as it’s rather an old lady!
- Started on my secret project making a batch of little “somethings”. The first three are started! I’m quite excited it’s starting to take shape.\
- The herbs are a bit hit and miss – actually Hopelessly says it looks like a weed garden, but it’s because the rocket has taken over a huge patch! But somehow I seem to have managed to poison my rosemary, I didn’t think you could kill that once it was established and it is about a metre tall? But I have tiny limes and lots of flowers on the lemon tree and the cutest tiniest little tomatoes, not ripe yet, so I am hoping the insects don’t eat them before we do.
- Last week I managed to get totally caught up on ‘Private Practice’ and watched a couple of episodes of ‘Brothers and Sisters’. Now tell me how is it that all of a sudden there are two shows on TV which deal with infertility??? When Kitty saw the heartbeat of to be adoptive child, I had a little weep. When Tommy was heart broken cause his little girl needed a transplant and he couldn’t help because he isn’t her biological father, it really got me thinking about the sacrifice of using a donor. But that’s for another whole post of its own.
- ICLW came to an end and I don’t think I’ve read a single person’s blog since then. I will have to make some time this week to catch up on everyone’s news.
- Not on the original list but I bought a summer dress yesterday and had to make some minor alterations, which I completed. They had to be minor alterations, cause I can’t really sew, I just pretend.
Still to come:
- Make the table cloth, I think that might not happen until December
- Card making course
- Yoga – I really should get back there, but I don’t see it on the horizon
- Had a quick look for things for my god-duaghter but this weekend just wasn’t the time to be in the baby section
- Must watch ‘Twilight’!
Off to the dietician this afternoon, so we’ll see what she has to say for herself.