What a fab weekend, despite the gloomy weather in Cape Town. In fact after a wonderful weather and heat at the start of last week the constant drizzle was quite nice. It reminded me of living in London, but I also know that summer is coming back soon, so not depressing like London at all.
How trite talking about the weather, I mean honestly!
You see this is what happens when you don’t have a melt down at the weekend. It seems I have settled back into ‘ME’ mode again and the weird hormonal creature that has kept rearing her ugly head the last few weeks has gone into hibernation. I think it might just have something to do with the laughter on Thursday night again at book club. It seems every month we end a little later, this time it was almost midnight when someone realised that it was probably time to go home.
I’ve never really been much of a girlie girl, on a whole host of levels. I don’t do my nails, or my hair, or bother with make-up or those kinds of girlie things. I have a theory on this, but that’s for another day. I’ve also never really had girl-friends. I mean I was at an all-girls school most of my schooling, but other than when I had no choice, I’ve mostly had male friends, other than my BFF who is more like a sister really anyway. BUT I never knew what I was missing.
Girl-friends are great! It turns out I do have something in common with girls and I can make conversation with them and they aren’t ALL bitchy. There’s a whole level of conversation you can have with a girl-friend that I would never get into with a guy. And girl-friends make you laugh! So YAH for infertility as it has brought some girl-friends. Well probably not yah for IF but at least there is a bright side.
So Monday update on my distraction list:
- Made great progress on my secret project making a batch of little “somethings”. I’m quite chuffed with them. Also inspired to broaden my horizons on this and try different versions.
- All the rain has the garden doing well, but the rosemary is definitely dying.
- I watched ‘Twilight’ last night. So disappointing after the book. Why is it that movie makers can’t capture what my imagination does when I read a book?
Falling behind with:
- Need to finish the blinds for the patio, I wish I could get out of this one, too much like hard work, but the one that is finished has me convinced that it will be worth while
- Haven’t watched TV in a week and we had to actually delete some of the recordings off of PVR to ensure there was still space for Private Practice and Brothers and Sisters etc
- Make the table cloth
- Card making course on Saturday – really looking forward to trying my hand at something else new!
- Thinking of just giving up on Yoga until next year?!?
- Need to get stuff for that parcel for my god-daughter